Chief Minister and Treasurer’s Message
It’s time to share your views on Canberra’s priorities for the 2018-19 Budget.
The ACT Government is working to make the city we all love even better. In the last Budget we focused on making Canberra’s schools better by delivering classroom and facilities upgrades across the Territory; renewing our health services by delivering and planning for new Walk in Centres and a significant expansion to the Canberra Hospital; overhauling our transport system by expanding the light rail network; and investing right across the Territory to revitalise our town centres and clean up our suburbs.
At the same time, we continued our steady progress back to a balanced budget as the local economy started to turn a corner after a tough few years.
There is plenty more we can do to ensure our city keeps getting better for all Canberrans. We want to hear your views on where the Government should focus next.
In making a submission, I particularly encourage you to think about the following:
- What services do you believe are most important for the Territory?
- How can the Government deliver current services more efficiently, productively or to better meet the needs of Canberrans?
- Are there particular services that you consider the Government should stop delivering or should deliver in a different way?
- Are there any new ways to generate revenue and/or services you consider that the community should make a direct contribution to (a fee for service)?
- What can the Government do to make Canberra even more liveable?
You can provide your submissions through the ACT Government’s website: Your Say.
You can either provide a written submission or complete our detailed survey. If you agree to your feedback and/or submission being made public, it will be available for other Canberrans to read on the Budget Consultation website.
The closing date for the provision of input is Tuesday, 24 October 2017. For further enquiries, please call the Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate on 6207 1375.
Andrew Barr MLA
ACT Chief Minister and Treasurer